This is an all-in-one article that covers every information about 1 year diploma in hotel management with certificates after 10th and 12th, online 1 year diploma in hotel management fee, program duration, and every other information that relates to this.
Having at least a diploma in hotel management is recommended for people interested in building a career in the hospitality industry; this will help them have a basic understanding of hotel management and lay a solid groundwork.
Some of the hotel diploma courses that I’m gonna tell you about covers the most relevant aspect of hotel management such as:
- Hotel operations
- Rooms management and divisions
- Staff management.
Some of these course also touch topics like food and hygiene, basics of cleaning, bar and beverage operation, catering and banquet operations, and customer service.
You can also choose to focus on the hotel management courses that covers the financial aspects of the hotel system such as the accounting and financial control, marketing, human resources, organizational behavior, and overall management are included in these courses.
List of One Year Diploma Courses in Hotel Management
Diploma courses in hotel management can run for a year to three years, depending on the institution. Some of the 1-year diploma courses in hotel management are:
- Diploma in Hotel Hospitality and Tourism Management by the Toronto School of Management
- Diploma of Hotel Management (DHM) by Shri Ram Institute of Hotel Management
- Diploma in Housekeeping by Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery by National Finishing and Cookery Institute (NFCI)
- Diploma In Hotel Management (D.H.M) by UIHMT College Of Hotel Management & Tourism
- 1 Year Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management by New Delhi YMCA
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology by University Kart
1. Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management by the Toronto School of Management
This diploma course offered by the Toronto School of Management will teach students the skills and knowledge needed in hospitality. There are topics like communication skills, leadership, teamwork, and other necessary coursework.
At the end of the course, students will be offered positions in the hospitality industry, and these offers can be volunteering or paid.
The tutors and department team will also provide interview support to students when necessary.
Fees for the Program:
The tuition fee for both daytime and evening-time domestic students is $12,500. A scholarship is available for students; international students opting for the daytime session will pay $9,600, while the evening session will pay $7,500.
Domestic students under the scholarship will pay $7,000 for daytime and evening time.
2. Diploma of Hotel Management (DHM) by Shri Ram Institute of Hotel Management
This diploma course is approved by the Shri Ram Institute of Hotel Management, Dehradun, to help students excel as hotel managers. The course includes culinary skills and knowledge, international hospitality, restaurant, and overall management.
Students are expected to be ready to take up various career roles and globally connect to many employment opportunities. There are also job placement opportunities for students.
Through their job and placement prospects, the institution has helped students get employment opportunities in places like Sheraton, Ritz Carlton, The Oberois, Marriot, Taj, and many others.
3. Diploma in Housekeeping by Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Housekeeping is an integral part of hotel management; the course focuses on providing advanced knowledge on the maintenance, comfort, and cleanliness of hotels and restaurants.
Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology teaches this course. It infuses topics like hotel keeping and cleaning science, lightning and color schemes, housekeeping basics and procedures, room division, and room layout planning.
A Diploma in Housekeeping can get you jobs as a laundry worker, butler, linen keeper, tailor, maid, or executive housekeeper, among others. The tuition fee for this program is between $60.31 and $422.18.
4. Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery by National Finishing and Cookery Institute (NFCI)
This diploma program aims at teaching students the basic and advanced knowledge needed in bakery and confectionery. The course does not only use theories, but there are both practicals and internships for students.
Some topics covered in the program include bakery and confectionery processes, selection of ingredients and their reactions, function of all ingredients and their composition, basic knowledge of heating, refrigerating, freezing, chilling, and how elements interact in each method.
At the end of the diploma course, students can get jobs as head bakers, decorators, bakery specialists, bread and artisan baker, pastry chef, kitchen maintenance manager, and others. The tuition fee is between $301.58 and $603.17.
5. Diploma in Hotel Management (D.H.M) by UIHMT College Of Hotel Management & Tourism
This diploma course is designed by UIHMT College Of Hotel Management & Tourism to provide students with the knowledge, experience, and skills the hospitality industry requires of a manager.
The course will focus on meeting every client’s needs and understanding how to manage many hotel establishments and staff inclusive.
There is both theoretical training and practical; this gives students a significant edge over other students.
The course is slated to last for a year with an internship, and the only requirement is that applicants must have passed the 10th standard examination.
This diploma course will help students to find jobs in clubs, guest houses, lodges, hotels, and catering institutes.
6. 1 Year Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management by New Delhi YMCA
New Delhi YMCA offers this course to students interested in learning the basic and advanced skills, knowledge, and experience needed in the hospitality industry.
The topics are tailored to meet the requirements of star hotels, events, guest houses, food styling organizations, and hotel and catering institutes.
The program covers food production and preparation, service operation, housekeeping services, hotel accounting, front office service, and operation.
There is also a one-month kitchen practical training, 2 months of tourist hostel practical training, and 6 months of compulsory industrial training. The tuition fee is $1,090.90.
7. Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology by University Kart
The diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology is a one-year course for people interested in the hotel and catering industry.
This course is designed to provide theoretical and practical lessons required to make a career in the hospitality industry.
There are real-life experiences, training, laboratory practicals, hands-on workshops, group projects, and study tours.
Students are to pay a tuition fee of about $482.51 to complete this course.
Course link: visit here
8. Diploma in Hotel Management by AAFT University
AAFT University designed this diploma course to provide extensive knowledge and train students in all aspects of hotel management and the hospitality industry. The institute does not only focus on academic study, but there is practical exposure.
The course covers understanding the food and beverage industry, front office operations, the relationship between hospitality and tourism, housekeeping operations, catering, and others.
The school also recommends hotels, guest houses, and other hospitality organizations for job placements.
Other 1-year diploma courses in hotel management include:
- Diploma in Hotel Management – Amazon Institute of Hotel Management, Noida, Noida.
- Diploma in Hotel Management – GD Goenka University, Gurgaon.
- Diploma in Hotel Management – AIHM College of Hotel Management (A-IHM).
- Diploma in Hotel Operations – IIAS School of Management, Siliguri, Darjeeling.
- Diploma in Food Production – Lakshya Bhartee Institute of International Hotel Management (LBIIHM), Delhi.
- Diploma in Food Production – Leo Academy of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Hyderabad.
The hospitality industry is so vast that getting a diploma qualification will help in your career while providing the basic and advanced knowledge needed to succeed. All courses listed in this article are only for a year, with theories and practicals.