If you are currently in Nigeria and having difficulties, and thinking of the best course to study in Nigeria, then this article will be of great advantage to you
One of the hardest choices for candidates aspiring to further their education in a tertiary institution is choosing a profitable course that will be useful after graduating.
With the guide from this article, I assure you that you’ll be able to make the best choice, not just a choice, a profitable one at that.
Interestingly, the courses listed in this article are picked randomly from different fields of study, that is; science, art, commercial, medical, engineering, etc.
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Good Course in Nigeria 2022
It is not enough to work in a cyber cafe, pick up a JAMB form, and choose any random course without putting things into consideration.
Doing this might as your years in school might turn out to be wasted if your course is not profitable.
The following are the things to be put into consideration before choosing a course of study;
- Job opportunities
- Cost of studying the course
- Years of study
- Your interest/Passion preference, value
- The international value of the course
1. Job opportunities: You have to consider the job opportunities that are available for graduates who studied the course you intend to choose.
2. Salary: It is not enough to consider the available job opportunities, you also have to consider how much you are likely to earn, as it won’t be funny, if you spend 4-8 years in school and end up earning stipends, after your graduation
3. Cost of studying the course: Although this is not a very important factor, it is advised able to consider the cost of any course you choose, most of the institutions in Nigeria have varying school fees for each of their courses.
While the cost of studying some courses may be very low, some may be very high.
4. Years of study: The duration for courses across Nigerian universities ranges from 3 years (direct entry) to six years or more (for spillovers)
5. Your interest/Passion preference, value: As much as you are looking for the best course, it is believed that you are expecting the best from the course, so it is important that you put your interest in the course into consideration.
In terms of value, choose a course that won’t let you go against your principles in terms of religion, or politics.
6. The international value of the course: If you have plans of traveling abroad, it is advisable to choose a course with international recognition to stand a chance of getting a job with a certificate outside Nigeria.
6 Best Courses to Study in Nigeria
The following are the top best courses for Nigerians
1. Medical courses: medical courses are the best to study in Nigeria, most of the high-paying courses in Nigeria are in the medical field.
The medical field also has the highest level of job vacancies, the following are some medical courses that might interest you:
- Human anatomy
2. Engineering courses: The engineering field also has high job opportunities which come with satisfaction as the engineering field has to do with passion and good pay.
Engineering students are an intelligent set of students because the engineering field helps in intellectual development and creative thinking.
Also, the engineering field also comes with challenging works that require your cognitive thinking and also help in more technology and scientific discoveries.
Engineering students stand a chance of working in any developed country like Switzerland, USA, Denmark, etc irrespective of their nationality with mouth-watering pay.
The following are the best engineering courses in Nigeria:
- Chemical Engineering
- Aeronautics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Bio-medical Engineering
3. Law: Law is a very broad course, it gives the opportunity to be independent, and outspoken. Law is one of the best courses for self-employment and individual development.
Law graduates tend to have strong reasoning and analytical skills. Law is a very interesting course as they are multiple job opportunities for law graduates.
4. Business courses: business courses are worth studying as a graduate of any business course will develop self independency to avoid getting stocked in the groups of unemployed graduates.
Interestingly, you would get to know the economic principles and how to access financial stability and maintain business flow.
As a graduate of business management, you can work as a financial director, a portfolio manager, etc. The best business courses are;
- Business management
- Banking and finance
- Human resource management
5. Language courses: these courses have international value as you can work in companies both in Nigeria and outside the country with wonderful pay.
Learning a language makes you function in the modern global marketplace. Some best language courses are;
- English Language
- Foreign languages
- English and Literary Studies
As a language student who is good in any language of a specification can work as a tour guide, flight attendant, blogger, travel adviser, blogger, translator, language tutor, etc.
Interestingly, you can work in any country.
6. Mass Communication: Mass communication is an exciting field of study to venture into. Mass communication involves so many disciplines like journalism, communication arts, etc.
This field has a wide range of job opportunities. However, aside from the job opportunities available, mass communication helps one gain competencies that can be applied anywhere.
Also, your understanding of the world will be expanded, and as an individual, you’ll get to learn effective communication skills.
One who studies mass communication can also work as an actress, a writer, a playwright, etc. Some of the best courses that are related to this field include;
- Public Relations
- Public Administration
- Film making
- Theatre Art
Courses in Nigeria with High Salary
|Courses||Profession(s)||Average Annual Salary|
|Political Science||Politicians||N100 Million Naira|
|Estate Management||Estate Manager||N45 Million Naira|
|Petroleum Engineering||Oil Company Workers||N35 Million Naira|
|Business Management||Business manager||N27 Million Naira|
|Law||Barristers/Lawyer||N25 Million Naira|
|Medicine and Surgery||Doctors||N15 Million Naira|
|Quantity Surveying||Surveyors||N13 Million Naira|
|Pharmacy||Pharmacist||N12 Million Naira|
|Nursing science||Nurses||N12 Million Naira|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical Installation||N10 Million Naira|
|Computer Scientist||Programming||N10 Million Naira|
Courses in Nigeria in High Demand
|Courses||% Employment Rate|
|Medicine and Surgery||80%|
Courses in Nigeria in High Job Opportunities
|Medicine and Surgery||83%|