Let me start by informing you that I.T students can now apply for the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and this fun is available for all interested applicants.
So are you interested in applying for the industrial training fund in Nigeria? If yes, then this article will guide you properly on how to apply for the industrial training fund (ITF) Nigeria.
More so, I have listed all the requirements needed to qualify for SIWES Industrial Training Fund for students who have completed their industrial training.
Check also: OPM Overseas Scholarships 2022
What is ITF?
The industrial training fund which is shortly known as ITF is a fund given to students on Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) Programmes.
This is to encourage the industrial training and capacity building for industrialization and self-employment which will all result to boosting the economy.
History of ITF in Nigeria
The Nigerian Industrial Training Fund (ITF) was established in 1971. The ITF was established as a way of encouraging industrial trainings.
Meanwhile, the ITF also develops training programmes’ standards to meet the demands for skilled manpower and to stimulate industrial training performances.
Additionally, the ITF is used to stimulate performances and improve productivity through the Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) Programme.
This fund is also aimed at building the industrial capacities of students and graduates for industrialization and self-employment.
Check also: 6 ways to study abroad for free
How much is ITF Salary?
The industrial training fund depends on which category the earner falls into. The salary varies per office.
For students who have completed their Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) Programme, their salary is a one time Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000) only.
The salary received by those that are undergoing training or working directly with the ITF about one hundred and forty four thousand N144,00 Naira depending on the office.
Qualification Requirements for ITF
As a student, before you can be qualified to receive your N15,000 Industrial Training Fund (ITF) you must meet the following requirements:
- You must complete your Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) industrial training (IT) Program
- It must be at least 6 months to 1 year since you completed your industrial training (IT)
- You must have obtained your I.T form, filled it and submitted during your industrial training
- Your school must submit your duly filled I.T form with your account details to the ITF office
- Your I.T completion form/letter must be submitted to the ITF office
Deadline for ITF Application
The application for the N15,000 Industrial Training Fund (ITF) for students that have gone through the industrial training does not have deadline.
How to Apply for ITF for SIWES Students?
If you are a SIWES student, then the following are the steps to apply and get your Industrial Training Fund (ITF) 2022.
- Get your I.T (SIWES) form from your school or visit the ITF portal via https://itf.gov.ng/
- Fill the form and submit it to your school
- Include your correct bank details on the form
- Submit the SIWES form to the organization you want to do your I.T
- Complete your Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) Program
- Submit your I.T acceptance and completion letter to the ITF office
- After that, you have to wait for about 6 months to one year for the disbursement of the fund
With this detailed information, I believe you have learnt about the industrial training fund in Nigeria and how to apply for the ITF 2022.