I’m gonna share the best online master’s dermatology courses with certificates 2023 with you right on this page.
These are paid and free online dermatology courses with certificates that you can enroll in from any part of the world and graduate with a printable certificate.
What to look out for?
Well, having a beautiful and glowing skin is a plus for someone who likes to look attractive.
The skin is the largest organ of the body, therefore it is important to take care of our skin inorder to stay healthy.
However, there are so many tasks to be carried out inorder to keep that skin glowing and shining.
Also, not taking proper care or exposing our skin to harsh cosmetics could lead to skin disorders.
Having proper knowledge of the skin will go a long way in making sure u take care of your skin and the skin of others in the right way and then earn a living as a skincare specialist.
What is Dermatology Degree all About?
Dermatology involves the study, research, diagnosis and management of any health conditions that may affect the skin, hair, nails and membranes.
A Dermatologist is a health professional responsible for treating skin disorders. It is normal for one to experience dermatologic disorders once in a while involving the skin, hair and nails.
Check also: Free online VLSI Design Courses
Examples of Dermatologic Disorders
- Warts: These are small hard growths on the skin caused by virus.
- Acne: These are tiny pimples usually seen on the skin caused due to inflammation of sebaceous gland.
- Eczema: A rough and itchy caused due to inflammation of skin.
- Skin cancer: Abnormal growth of skin cells.
It is advisable for one to see a dermatologist when experiencing any of these disorders.
Also, taking a dermatologic course will enlighten us on how we should treat our skin and also help us curb skin and other dermatologic problems.
Check also: how to obtain a master’s degree for free
List of Online Dermatology Master’s Degree Courses with Certificates 2023
The following are paid and free online dermatology courses with certificates 2023 that you can enroll for:
- Introduction to Skin Care Treatment
- Dermatology in Clinical Practice MSC by University of Buckingham
- Diagnose and manage skin disease by e-dermatology
- Professional Certificate of General Dermatology by Health Cert
- Clinical Dermatology by Queen Mary University of London
1. Introduction to Skin Care Treatment by Alison
Course Offered Online by: Alison
Different skins require different regimen, hence it is important to take note of the kind of regimen that we use for our skin. During this course, students will learn:
- Effective practices to help maintain a healthy skin and also prevent skin disorders.
- About skin nutrients, skin anatomy etc.
- Essential nutrients and vitamins required for a healthy skin.
- How to diagnose skin disorders and the tools used for the diagnosis.
This is a free online dermatologic course that takes about 1.5 to 3 hours to complete.
2. Dermatology in Clinical Practice MSC by University of Buckingham
Course Offered Online by: University of Buckingham
Dermatology has become an important topic for discussion due to the ever increasing skin disorders and problems. Hence, it is good for one to enhance his knowledge about the skin.
This course should be taken by Nurses, Pharmacists and all health worker that has been exposed to patients with a skin disease. During this course, students will get to learn:
- More about skin disorders which are common in the society.
- How to diagnose and manage skin disorders.
- How to deliver dermatologic care.
This is a 100% online course offered by university of buckingham at the cost of £10,440.
3. Diagnose and manage skin disease by e-dermatology
Course Offered Online by: e-dermatology
This course is written by leading dermatologists in the UK and covers all the areas concerned with the skin such as skin disorders such as eczema, skin health etc. At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Take a dermatological history
- Make a diagnosis
This course is a 24/7 course, however it is self paced as you can take this course at your own time.
4. Professional Certificate of General Dermatology by Health Cert
Offered by: Health Cert
This course is an online course that explains comprehensively the basic concepts of dermatology such as the skin, hair and nails.
Students will also get to learn how to investigate, diagnose and manage skin disorders such as eczema, acne, warts etc.
This course is the first part of the three- part Professional Diploma of General Certificate and is offered online in forms of videos that can be replayed at your own time.
5. Clinical Dermatology by Queen Mary University of London
This online course is offered by: Queen Mary University of London
This postgraduate diploma course covers vital aspects of dermatology. This course focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases.
The course takes one full academic year to be completed. The qualification requirements for this course are MBBS or basic medical degree from universities.
Skills Required for a Dermatologist
There are outstanding skills that a dermatologist must possess in the Dermatology field to stand out among others. Such skills include:
- Ability to work long hours with skills of punctuality, self motivation and calmness.
- Intelligence, hardwork and patience
- Must possess an excellent academic record.
Careers Available in Dermatology
There are several careers in dermatology that you can choose from. Some of the careers in dermatology are:
- Dermatologic nurse
- Dermatologist assistant
- Mohs surgeon
- *Paediatric dermatologist
- Cosmetic dermatologist
- Gynecology dermatologist
- Surgical dermatologist
Benefits of Taking a Dermatology Course
They’re several reasons why you should take a dermatology course. Some of such benefits are:
- They earn a very high pay.
- Availability of numerous job opportunities due to the high demand of dermatologists.
- The certificate usually offered during the course is very valuable and also paves way for students looking to pursue a career in that area.
- It teaches one how to respond appropriately in terms of skin defects.
The skin is a very important organ of the body, hence it is important that we take good care of our skin.
Drinking water and taking the right vitamins too are essential things that should be done in order to maintain a glowing skin.
However, this cannot be achieved if one does not have adequate knowledge of these things, therefore online dermatology courses should be attended by all if we want to ensure a healthy skin.