This information contains the list of scholarships for nursing students in 2022. So if you have been searching for nursing scholarships then here are some good choices for you
In today’s topic, I will discuss about some of the best scholarships in which Nursing students can apply for and get accepted irrespective of where they’re coming from (their background).
Firstly, choosing a career as a nurse is quite amazing and is one of the interesting department in the medical field but it’s always expensive.
Statistically, nursing is one of the most expensive career courses in most colleges and universities in almost all part of the World
Can I get a Scholarship to Study Nursing Abroad?
As we all know, to pay tuition and school fee for some medical courses especially nursing, is more costly than see other fields. But luckily, there are many scholarships to study nursing either in your hometown or abroad.
But it is important to know that with this l scholarships that I am going to list here, you can achieve your career dream especially for those that are not financially strong.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS) in the United State, job opportunities are expected to grow up to 9% in 2030 in which about 276,000 new jobs will be created.
It is been observed that most people desiring to be a nurse have lost the motivations because of financial reasons but thankfully to both public and private organizations which are putting in their efforts in helping the needs of people through scholarship.
List of Scholarship for Nursing Students to Study Abroad
Scholarships can be offered by both public and private organizations and Schools. These scholarships are been segmented into the following; scholarship for men, single moms, women and generally.
John Hopkins University School of Nursing
The University offers Scholarship based on merits, that means student who are really brilliant can easily be given scholarship to the University.
Various opportunities like the DNP and MSN programs are available to students in the University in which full tuition fee are paid or about $7,500.
American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Scholarship
The American Association of Critical Care Nurses gives awards based on the courses offered by student who has already been given scholarships by them.
They also offers Continuing Professional Development Scholarships to student.
National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) Scholarship
The National Black Nurses Association have members registered to the organizations, in that case members who have registered in the organizations are given scholarships.
This scholarship is mostly for registered members undergoing a undergraduate nursing program in which they offers award worth of $1,000 to $6,000.
Cascade Healthcare Solutions Nurses Make a Difference Scholarship
The institution offers Scholarship to people who want to study in the healthcare sector(nursing), every year about $1,000 scholarship are been awarded.
The conditions for applying is that you must hold a valid student visa, you need to be a U.S citizen or a resident (legal).
StudentAid BC Nurses Education Bursary
The StudentAid BC Nurses are for students who reside in the British Columbia, awards worth of $500 and $2,000 are been given to full time student.
They are so many scholarships been offered to student who want to study nursing in university/colleges.
List of Schools/organizations that Offer Nursing Scholarships
- University of Washington School of Nursing
- Northern Illinois University
- Montfort Hospital
- Canadian Nurses Foundation
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- Margaret Parkinson Scholarships
- University of Surrey Ted Adams Trust Scholarships for Student Nurses
- Florence Nightingale Foundation
- Queen’s University Belfast Patricia Napier Scholarships
- The Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- The Barber’s Company clinical Nursing Scholarship
- International Medical University, Malaysia
- University of Sydney
- National University of Singapore Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies (ALCNS)
- University of South Australia
- University of Hong Kong School of Nursing
- The Australian College of Nursing
- American Red Cross Jane Delano Student Nurse Scholarship
- American Red Cross Jane Delano Student Nurse Scholarship
Nursing Scholarships for Minorities
1. NSCDA American Indian Nurse Scholarship Program:
The institution offers award worth of about $1,500 in each semester to any student who emerge the winner, the sweetest thing is that in every semester, you as a student can also apply for funds.
Both undergraduates and graduates can apply for the nursing program, the program is about 2 to 4 years. They are requirement in which the applicant must do and they are;
- Applicant must complete the application on the website
- Applicant must have good result in pre-nursing education program
- Applicant must not be financially stable
- Applicant must have a career goal in the interest of the Native American people.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund for Nursing
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund offers award which worth about $500 to $5,000 to student. The scholarships is open to student in the High school seniors, community college, undergraduates and graduates student.
- Applicant in High school must have a GPA of 3.0 and above
- Applicant must enrolled in a 4years university program
- Applicant in college both graduate or undergraduate must have a GPA of 2.5
Steven Bufton Memorial Educational Fund Legacy Scholarship
The Institution is made specifically for women and its offers an award worth $5,000 to $10,000.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.0
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3 qualifications in his/her application.
APU S. Evelyn Lewis Memorial Scholarship in Medical Health Sciences
The Institution offers award worth about $500 to $1,000. Both undergraduates and graduates can apply but you need to provide proof of community service.
American Association for Men in Nursing (AAMN)
The Institution offers awards worth of $ 1,000 to $1,500 to undergraduates and graduates respectively. Applicant must attend an accredited University
Nursing.org Breaking Barriers Scholarship for Men in Nursing
The Institution offers awards worth of $500 to student in which the money is being paid to the recipient, but before paying the money the recipient must be interviewed by a representative in Nursing.org.
- Applicant must be 18years of age
- Applicant must be a United State citizen
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 and above
- The Recipient in which the money is being paid to will show some outstanding ability, character, and confidence in the nursing field.
Nursing is a very good course to study in the university, because of its good effect it has bring to the society at large.
I believe this information you needed to know about nursing scholarship 2022. At the same time, I encourage you to do your own part by getting more information about each scholarship before applying.