In this article, I will list and explain the U.S Universities and College that accept low GPA in 2022 for master’s, pre-master’s and bachelor degree admissions.
If you are a student seeking for admission to any university or college in the U.S with low GPA, then here is hope for you because I am about to share a trusted and reliable information with you.
Though a lot of Universities and Colleges see a low GPA as a drawback when giving admission, there are still many other Universities and Colleges in the U.S that give little or no consideration to GPA in their admission.
Some universities and Colleges in the U.S have considered the fact that low GPA should not be a setback for any person not to be admitted.
What to Do when Applying with a low GPA
As the World advance new ideas are been practice in the educational sectors. Firstly, what you to know as an applicant is know the university/college you want to apply for.
If you have low Score or GPA, then here are the following hints, you need to know that we help you in choosing the right choice.
1. Have Knowledge About The School
Most of the we tend not to get reliable information about the school we want to apply for which is not good. Having reliable information about the school you want to apply is one the most important thing a student need to know about.
There are universities and colleges in the United State and other countries that consider skills and other personal experience when it’s comes for admission.
2. Meet Some Specific Requirements
The problem of most people that seeks for admission and are not admitted is the ability to meet with some specific requirements in schools.
Most student who have low GPA fail to get admitted to master’s program simply because they do not meet the specific requirements for school processes, for examples requirement like personal experience, letter of recommendation, skills, and many more base on the requirement of the school.
3. Know Your Discipline
Most students do not know why they choose a particular course, some choose a discipline based on what they hear from others.
This is a very important factor to consider because some disciplines in Colleges and Universities’ in the U.S sometimes require higher GPA while some do not.
For example, art, business and some courses does not need high GPA, that means you can actually get admitted to the disciplines with GPA, cause it’s deals with personal experience, skills etc.
Although some universities and colleges still accept low GPA, the fact still remains that, some course like medicine, law, Engineering.
Some other professional science courses need a good GPA for you to get admitted because most of them needs more of academic-based evaluation.
Check also: Medical schools that are pass/fail
Universities/Colleges that Accept Low GPA in the U.S
The following are some of the U.S Universities/Colleges that accept low GPA. Details are given so that you can get more information about the school from their websites.
1. Liberty University:
The Liberty University is located in Lynchburg, Virginia in the United State. It is one of the best private Evangelical schools in the U.S.
For Liberty University online programs, students with GPA ranges from 2.5 – 3.25 are accepted for admission in good standing.
Meanwhile, the Liberty University has no minimum GPA requirements for undergraduate residential students. Students with any GPA can be accepted, but, most of the accepted students have a high school GPA ranging from 3.15-3.83.
The university accepts student that has reached up to their criteria and the university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Admission Website: liberty.edu/admissions
2. Livingston College
The Livingston College is located in Salisbury, North Carolina still in the United State and they also accept students with low GPA that need admission.
For undergraduate admission, Livingston College accepts an average high school GPA of 2.64 on the 4.0 scale. Meanwhile, with a GPA of 2.32 GPA, you can get into Livingstone College.
Admission website: livingstone.edu/ics/admissions
3. City College of New York
The City College of New York is located in New York City, still in the United State. There are some specific requirements for you to meet up with before attaining for admission in the school as average GPA and skills can get you to the college.
Admission website: ccny.cuny.edu/admissions
4. West Texas A&M University
The West Texas A&M University is located in Canyon, Texas in the United State. It is a public University and it is been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School.
Admission website: wtamu.edu/admissions
Colleges in the U.S that Accept low High School GPA for Undergraduate Admissions
- College of Charleston Charleston, South Carolina
- Duquesne University Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Purdue University Northwest, Indiana
- Marist College Poughkeepsie, New York
- Point Park University Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Gannon University Erie, Pennsylvania
- University of Illinois Chicago, Illinois
- Full Sail University Winter Park, Florida
- Green River College Auburn, Washington
- Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design Lakewood, Colorado
- Santa Ana College Santa Ana, California
- California State University Los Angeles, California
- Webster University Webster, Missouri
- Mississippi College Clinton, Mississippi
- New England Institute of Technology , East Greenwich, Rhode Island
- Murray State University Murray, Kentucky
- The University of Findlay Findlay, Ohio
- San Jose State University San Jose, California
- Notre Dame De Namur University Belmont, California
- California State University Bakersfield, California
- California State University East Bay, California
- Troy University Troy, Alabama
- California State University San Bernardino, California
- Arkansas Tech University Russellville, Arkansas
Universities that Accept Low GPA for Masters in U.S
Low GPA Universities in the U.S for Master’s Admissions
- National University San Diego, California
- Nebraska Wesleyan University Lincoln, Nebraska
- California State University Sacramento, California
- Bradley University Peoria, Illinois
- California State University Channel Islands, California
- Oglethorpe University Atlanta, Georgia
- California State University Stanislaus, California
- University of Hartford West Hartford, Connecticut
- Montana State University Bozeman, Montana
- University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Wichita State University Wichita, Kansas
- University of Missouri–St. Louis (UMSL) Missouri
- Western Kentucky University Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Missouri Western State University Saint Joseph, Missouri
- University of North Alabama Florence, Alabama
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
- State University of New York Plattsburgh, California
- La Sierra University Riverside, California
- University of South Carolina Columbia, South Carolina
- DeVry University Downers Grove, Illinois
- Sonoma State University Rohnert Park, California
- Texas Wesleyan University Fort Worth, Texas
- California State University Dominguez Hills, California
- Youngstown State University Youngstown, Ohio
Universities in the U.S that Accept low GPA for Postgraduate Diploma
- University of Massachusetts Boston, Massachusetts
- Auburn University Montgomery, Alabama
- Arkansas State University Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Southern New Hampshire University Manchester, New Hampshire
- Upper Iowa University Fayette, Iowa
- Colorado State University Fort Collins, Colorado
- Cleveland State University Cleveland, Ohio
- University of New Mexico Albuquerque, New Mexico
- California Lutheran University Thousand Oaks, California
- University of Arizona Tucson, Arizona
- State University of New York Fredonia
- Merrimack College North Andover, Massachusetts
- New York Institute of Technology New York City, New York
- Humboldt State University Arcata, California
- Western New England University Springfield, Massachusetts
- Arizona State University Phoenix, Arizona
- University of Utah Salt Lake City, Utah
- DePaul University Chicago, Illinois
- San Francisco State University San Francisco, California
- Indiana State University Terre Haute, Indiana
- New Jersey Institute of Technology Newark, New Jersey
- Auburn University Auburn, Alabama
- University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, Ohio
- Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, Virginia
These are but few Universities/Colleges in the U.S that accept low GPA for bachelor’s, master’s and postgraduate diploma programs.
Meanwhile, there are many other Universities and Colleges in the U.S that accept low GPA. So as a student, you can also make more research on various school with their GPA requirements via Google.