Welcome, it’s another opportunity to share with you, the list of Universities in Nigeria that offer Cyber Security with their admission requirements and all that it takes to secure admission.
To make this article understandable, I have split it in to categories. So at the end of reading this, you will understand the following;
- What Cyber Security is all about?
- Admission Requirements for Cyber Security
- Job Opportunities for Cyber Security in Nigeria
- Universities that offer Cyber Security in Nigeria
- JAMB Cut-off Mark for Cyber Security
Meanwhile, as you keep reading you’ll realize other things that is not mentioned but talked about in this article.
Are you good to go?
If yes, then grab your attention as we move on. After reading this, you will be 90% ready to gain admission to study cyber security.
What is Cyber Security?
Generally, cyber security is known as the application and the processes of controlling, protecting system networks and data programs from cyber attacks or cyber threats
The main reason for cyber security is to help reduce the risk cyber attackers or cyber threats has caused and as such, helps in protecting system network from all unauthorized exploitation from other technologies.
Check also: International Scholarships for Nigerians
Is Cyber Security a Good Course in Nigeria?
Cyber Security is a very professional course in Nigeria. It is one of the professional courses in Nigeria without a huge opportunity in the future.
Studying cyber security in Nigeria is creating a better future for yourself. The demand for cyber security in Nigeria is expected grow by 40 – 60 in the future.
Admission Requirements for Cyber Security in Nigeria 2023
What are the admission requirements for cyber security in Nigeria? The general JAMB and university admission requirements for cyber security in Nigeria includes the following:
Direct Entry Requirements
- 2 A Level passes in mathematics and other science subjects
- NCE merit in Mathematics and 1 other Science
- 5 SSCE passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and other 2 Science subjects
- Good JAMB score
Universities that offer Cyber Security in Nigeria 2023
The following are the universities in Nigeria that offer cyber security. The list includes federal, state and private universities that offer cyber security in Nigeria:
- Bayero University Kano (BUK), Kano State
- Federal University Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University Dutse, Jigawa State
- Technica University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University of Delta, Agbor (UNIDEL) Delta State
- Federal University Dustin-Ma, Kastina State
- Kings University, Osun State
- Koldaisi University, Oyo State
- Kwararafa University, Taraba State
- Lead University, Oyo State
- Maryam Abacha University of Nigeria, Kano State
- Mewar University Nigeria Nasarawa State
- Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, Delta State
- Mountain Top University, Ogun State
- Nile University, Abuja
- NOK University, Kachia, Kaduna State
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- Ritman University, Akwa Ibom
- University of Offa, Kwara State
- Nigerian Army University, Borno State
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna State
- Air Force Institute of Technology, Kaduna State
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State
JAMB Cut-off mark for Cyber Security 2023
University cut-off mark for cyber security:
The JAMB Cut-off mark for cyber security for federal universities is 140, for state universities is 140, for private universities is also 140.
With this JAMB Cut-off mark you’ll have stand a chance of securing admission in any university of your choice in Nigeria that offers cyber security
University Subject Combination for Cyber Security 2023
The university subject combination for cyber security in Nigeria are:
- Any of Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, or Computer Studies
What’s the important of studying cyber security?
- Cyber security breaches Cost are rising time to time
- Cyber security creates privacy
- The risk of reputational damage are reduced in a low financial cost.
Where can a Cyber Security work in Nigeria?
Where can I work if I study cyber security in Nigeria?
Someone that studies Cyber Security in Nigeria can work in any of the following forms:
- Cyber firms
- Online platforms
- ICT companies/firms
- Social media platforms
- Data websites
- Insurance companies
- Transaction websites
- Online stores and marketplaces
- Manufacturing companies
- Data management companies
- Governmental organizations/firms
Check also: best courses to study in Nigeria
Job Opportunities for Cyber Security in Nigeria 2023
This section will show you the list of job opportunities for cyber security in Nigeria. The following are job opportunities for those that study cyber security in Nigeria:
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer – CISO
- Security Architect
- Computer Forensics Analyst
- Malware Analyst
- Penetration Tester
Cyber Security Salary in Nigeria
How much can a Cyber Security make? the average monthly salary for cyber security in Nigeria ranges from 150k to 500k.
With this, I believe you have seen the list of Universities in Nigeria that offer Cyber Security with their admission requirements.